Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's Soon Fall Pt.2

Our October 12 date came earlier then we thought, which is awesome by the way. 
      The ram came to our home about a week ago.  We get an earlier start on the breeding. YAY! 

General Red



What we have notice so far is that he is very interested in our ewes. Very interested, but our ewes took one look and ran. I don't understand what their problem was I think he is very cute. Now we have a whether name Lightning, I was a bit surprised by his reaction to the ram. Lightning actually showed dominance that he was in charge, that they were his ewes. Lightning is about 6 mos. of age. It really surprised me. Eventually lightning new that the ram was in charge and he backed down. Our ewes are showing a little bit interest to him now. Well at least Lilly is (my in laws). UGH..







 On Saturday morning I went down to feed the animals and when I came down from putting the buckets back, I notice the ram was a little bit taller. When I got closer I saw the ram with Lilly. 
 I stop right there in my tracks in shock,I turned and ran to tell Curt. I was so excited that It's starting, we are closer to having baby lambs on the homestead. Now we have to wait 17-19 days to make sure it took. If it did take we will have a baby lamb somewhere around Feb 3,2014. 

So yesterday I went down to check out the sheep and the goats, just to be nosey. I took notice that the ram was interested in Lilah, but she wasn't interested. 

      Darn.....
                    We are praying she changes her mind and finds him cute. I was told that we have til January for her to change her mind. I really hope it doesn't take her that long. lol...

I'll keep you post on both ewes progress....Have a great Day


No comments:

Post a Comment