Friday, September 13, 2013

Brought home the new EWE last night.


Wednesday I received the call that my husbands cousin found us a ewe. He thinks she will do just fine for us. They estimating that she is about 2 years old. Never been breed before, which is a little concerning though, but we will see what happens. We think she is a Sufflolk breed. It will be hard to know. Wednesday night we took Jerry our boer goat (a 4-h project for this year) to the farm so he could take hime to work with him the next day. That way they can weigh him and figure out a price for me. Then subtract the ewe cost and I pay the difference. After work on Thursday he brought his Billy goat and my ewe to the farm. All we had to do was pick her up and bring her home. 


 I was a little nervous when I was hearing her jumping around in the trailer. When I saw her I thought WOW.

 It is a ewe...lol... that isn't an extra package there. They must of missed that area when shearing.

She weighs 140lbs and she is a bit taller then our Southdown ewe. I would like to know what you think about her. Comment on facebook please.
All we can do now is wait and see what happens. We have her to help with giving us more lambs to show and for our freezer. 
                     
              Still trying to come up with a name, any ideas? I thought of Birdie or Mabel, Emma thinks Jane, Abby thinks Sarah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment